Prague's Medieval Astronomical Clock
Photo courtesy of Ellen Kaefring-Woods
The University of New Orleans, along with the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Education, recognizes November 13-17, 2006 as International Education Week.
- International Photo Contest & Exhibition (click here to view photos selected for exhibition)
- Click here to view the accepted photos entered in the Photo Contest!
- International Opportunities Fair
- Induction Ceremony: ΦВΔ ( Phi Beta Delta) Honors Society for International Scholars
- All week: International Meals in the UC Galley
- International Film Series: "Rang De Basanti" a film shown by the UNO Indian Students Association Tuesday, Nov 14 at 6pm in BA 179.
- Indian Students Association Tea Hour: Tuesday, Nov. 14 from 3-5pm in the Newman Center.
- A Hidden Impact: The Czechs and Slovaks of Louisiana from the 1720s to Today. Lecture and book signing by author Jim Hlavac. Tuesday, Nov. 14, 2007 in the Library room 407 at 3:15 pm.
- Funding Study Abroad Seminar: learn about scholarships and programs available to help finance your study abroad. Thursday, Nov. 16th at 2:00 pm in ED 116.
- African Students Organization: "Celebrating Africa" Friday evening, Nov. 17th in the HPC.
- International Education Week Seminars: Liberal Arts/Education and Human Development - November 13, 2pm, LA 370; Science/Engineering - November 14, 2pm, SC 2052; and Business - November 15, 2pm, Ba 221.
- Note: these events are being updated frequently. Check back regularly for more information.
UNO Division of
UNO Office of International
Students & Scholars
UNO Office of Governmental,
Community & Diversity Affairs
DAAD: German Academic Exchange Service
Jonathan Ferrara Gallery
Since its inception in 2000, International Education Week (IEW) has grown in size and scope to become a global event with students, educators, and community leaders participating in a wide range of activities to celebrate the benefits of internationalism in our classrooms and educational systems.
Throughout International Education Week, UNO will highlight various aspects of internationalism at the University, as well as regional, national and U.S.-sponsored programs for international education and cultural exchange.
Be a global citizen: participate in these events!
International Opportunities Fair: Information on UNO summer and semester study abroad programs, the Critical Languages Program, the Intensive English Language Program, international careers, financial aid for study abroad, international organizations on campus, and more.
Take a quiz and win a prize!
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (Nov. 13-15) from 10 am to 2 pm on the Library Patio.
International Film Series: "Rang De Basanti" a film shown by the UNO Indian Students Association Tuesday, Nov 14 at 6pm in BA 179
Starring: Aamir Khan, Alice Patten, Siddharth, Sharman Joshi and Soha Ali Khan.
Rang de Basanti is a film about awakening where the spirit of rebellion against injustice transcends time and age. A young idealistic English filmmaker, Sue, arrives in India to make a film on Indian revolutionaries Bhagat Singh, Chandrashekhar Azad and their contemporaries and their fight for freedom from the British occupation of India.
However, the students she recruits as actors are self centered and believe only in materialistic existence where ideas like patriotism and making a change are strictly the stuff history books are made of. In the film both the 1930's British India and the India of today run parallel and intersect with each other at crucial points. This tension between the past and present is the essence of the film, and Rang De Basanti's climax explodes when historical forces and youthful angst collide.
The movie has been chosen as official Indian entry for the Oscar Awards.