The UNO Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS), and the Division of International Education (DoIE) are pleased to announce the juried International Education Week (IEW) Photography Contest and Exhibition.
The exhibition will hang in UNO’s Flambeau Room during IEW. It will include a reception and award ceremony on Wednesday, November 15 from 4:30-6:00 pm, taking place immediately before the week’s Jazz at the Sandbar.
The theme of the photo competition will be international education. All current and former UNO students are invited to submit up to three photographs documenting a significant personal experience during a time studying, living or working abroad. This includes American expatriate experiences as well as those of international students in the United States.
How to enter:
About the Contest:
- Fill out our online entry form.
- Submit up to three low-resolution web quality scans or digital images of original works in any photographic media by October 6, 2006.
- Submissions may be e-mailed to email@example.com, or delivered in person to Mike Kilgore, Office of International Students and Scholars, UC 260.
- Images must correspond to titles of works listed on online entry form.
- Photo must have an international theme or depict an international experience/ impression.
Back to Top
- The jurors are UNO dignitaries.
- The jurors will select photos for display from all submissions for exhibition.
- Notice of acceptance or rejection of submissions will be sent out by October 16, 2006.
- Accepted entries must then be received in the original by November 6, 2006. Entries must be no larger than 8" x 10" in landscape or portrait format, and should be appropriately matted or dry mounted (and unframed).
- Please keep in mind that the pieces should be light enough to hang on a wall with poster tape or non-permanent adhesive.
- All entries must be clearly labeled on the back with the photographer's name, title of the piece, dimensions, and medium.
- Photos chosen for display will be hung in the UNO Flambeau Room during International Education Week.
- Winning photos will be chosen from displayed works.
- Winners will be published on this website and in the "Driftwood."
- Prizes will be awarded November 15, 2006.
- Prizes include donations from:
- The Contemporary Arts Center
- The Ogden Museum
- Jonathan Ferrara Gallery
- Lakeside Camera
Back to Top
NOTE: Employees of the UNO Division of International Education, the Office of International Students and Scholars, or any of the contest sponsors may not enter the contest.