The popular UNO International Photo Contest is back!
The theme of the photo competition is international education. All current UNO students are invited to submit up to three photographs documenting a significant personal experience during a time of studying, living, or working abroad. This includes American expatriate experiences as well as those of international students studying at UNO. (Please note that photos by international students at UNO should depict an experience or impression of the US, not the home country). Photos must have been taken within the past two years and cannot have been submitted to previous international photo contests at UNO.
Photographers may submit up to three low-resolution, web-quality scans or digital images (preferably in jpeg format) of works in any photographic media. Originals may not be larger than 8 x 10. Images may be submitted on CD-ROM or e-mailed to email@example.com All images and discs must be appropriately labeled. Images must correspond to titles of works listed on the entry form.
Submissions must be accompanied by a completed online entry form. Image submissions will be accepted via email or in person at the following location:
Division of International Education
International Center, Room 124
The final deadline for email submissions is 11:59 pm on Monday,
November 2, 2015. CD-ROM submissions must be received at IC 124 by 4:00 pm on Monday, November 2, 2015. Incomplete submissions will not be accepted. A complete submission includes:
- A completed entry form submitted online or as a hard copy
- Digital images in .jpeg format on CD-ROM or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions will be blind-reviewed by a panel of judges. Judges will select 10-15 finalist photos from general submissions. Notices of finalist status will be sent out by November
All finalist photos must then be delivered to IC 124 on a CD-ROM, sized to 8" x 10, in jpeg or tif format, with a 300 dpi resolution by 3:00 pm on Thursday, November 12th. Entries must be no larger than 8” x 10” in landscape or portrait format.
Finalists will be prominently displayed in the UNO International Center from November
Prizes will be contributed from various organizations and businesses around the city. Prize categories will include 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes.
- The jurors are UNO and local New Orleans photography and art professionals, including Pulitzer Prize-winning photo journalist Michael DeMocker, and Tracie Schaefer, owner of Studio U, and UNO's Professor Tony Campbell.
- The jurors will select finalist photos for display from all submissions for exhibition
- Winning photos will be chosen from the displayed finalist works
- Winners will be published on this website and in the "Driftwood"
- Prizes will be awarded in an award ceremony on Thursday, November 19 at 12:30 p.m. at the International Center
Back to Top
The exhibition will be displayed prominently in the UNO International Center
during International Education Week. The exhibition will culminate in a reception and award ceremony on Thursday, November 19th at 2 pm.
- Fill out our online entry form
- Submit up to three low-resolution web quality scans or digital images of original works in any photographic media by 11:59 pm on November 2, 2015.
- Submissions may be e-mailed to email@example.com, or delivered in person to the International Center, IC 124. The deadline for in person delivery is 4:00 pm on Monday, November 2, 2015.
- Images must correspond to titles of works listed on online entry form.
- Photos must have an international theme or depict an international experience/ impression.
NOTE: Employees of the UNO Division of International Education, or any of the contest sponsors may not enter the contest.
Back to Top