After a one year hiatus, the popular UNO International Photo Contest is back!
The theme of the photo competition is international education. All current UNO students are invited to submit up to three photographs documenting a significant personal experience during a time of studying, living, or working abroad. This includes American expatriate experiences as well as those of international students studying at UNO (Please note that photos of international students at UNO should depict an experience or impression of the US, not the home country). Photos must have been taken within the past two years and cannot have been submitted to previous international photo contests at UNO.
Photographers may submit up to three low-resolution, web-quality scans or digital images (preferably in jpeg format) of works in any photographic media. Originals may not be larger than 8 x 10. Images may be submitted on CD-ROM or e-mailed to email@example.com All images and discs must be appropriately labeled. Images must correspond to titles of works listed on the entry form.
Submissions must be accompanied by a completed online entry form. Image submissions will be accepted via email, in person or by mail at the following location:
Division of International Education
Bicentennial Education Building, ED115
Tel: (504) 280-7116
The deadline for submissions is 4:00pm
October 28, 2013. Incomplete submissions will not be accepted. A complete submission includes:
- A completed entry form submitted online or as a hard copy
- Digital images in .jpeg format on CD-ROM or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions will be reviewed by a panel of judges. Notices of acceptance or rejection of submissions will be sent out by November
All accepted entries must then be received on a CD-ROM, sized to 8x10, in jpeg or tif format, with a 300 dpi resolution by November 4th. Entries must be no larger than 8” x 10” in landscape or portrait format.
The show will be open from November
11-15, 2013 in the University Center Lobby.
Prizes will be contributed from various organizations and businesses around the city. Prize categories will include 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes.
- The jurors are UNO and local New Orleans photography and art professionals
- The jurors will select photos for display from all submissions for exhibition
- Winning photos will be chosen from the displayed works
- Winners will be published on this website and in the "Driftwood"
- Prizes will be awarded in an award ceremony on Thursday, November 14 at 12:30 p.m. in the University Center Lobby
- Prizes include donations from:
- UNO Bookstore
- Loupe Photography and Video
- and others
Back to Top
The exhibition will hang in UNO’s University Center
during International Education Week. It will include a reception and award ceremony on Thursday, November 14th at 12:30 pm.
- Fill out our online entry form (only until October 28, 2013).
- Submit up to three low-resolution web quality scans or digital images of original works in any photographic media by October 28, 2013.
- Submissions may be e-mailed to email@example.com, or delivered in person to the Bicentennial Education Bldg., ED 115.
- Images must correspond to titles of works listed on online entry form.
- Photo must have an international theme or depict an international experience/ impression.
NOTE: Employees of the UNO Division of International Education, or any of the contest sponsors may not enter the contest.
Back to Top